Thursday, August 4, 2011

Summer Snack Bento

We were going up to Palma Sola to jet ski, so many places have been closed off due to the high rent areas want the water view to themselves. Money talks I guess. Anyway it's kinda fun up there because they will still allow horses on the beach there and many will bring their horse on a Sunday afternoon and have fun with the family.



We bring the pop-up so we can have shade, which we use year round here in Florida. I think I set a phobia in my daughter's head about staying out of the sun...hey she will thank me years from now when her skin is still so beautiful and cancer free.

I didn't get many pics of the horses most of them were on the other side of the causeway. That is where our friend went with her horses. My camera was acting up :(


Here is a snack bento that I brought along, some California rolls with brown rice, broccoli rabe, carrots, rotisserie chicken. Nothing special just a quick snack.,and I had another one with some sesame snacks, cheddar, poppy seed, and garlic onion. I used my new Lock and Lock lunch box. I am almost getting as obsessed with Lock N Lock as Not Exactly Bento is...almost, but she has been collecting longer.




Just a few things to share from my yard, my turmeric is popping up nicely...I have some in a pot too that is bigger.



my pineapple has just seemed to stall, maybe it's too dry or too wet for it...





... this ginger in the backyard that I don't harvest... I let go to flower...


...these Lilly flowers smell so strong you wouldn't think they would...I'll have to find out what kind they are.


Have a great day! Thanks for sticking with me.

4 comments:

  1. Yummy bento! Love California rolls. I'm using Lock&Lock to organize everything in my kitchen. Love their air tight and easy to open lid. They have a special box for sushi roll too. Very convenience to use (^.^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lyndsey, There is so much to comment on. Riding your horse on the beach! Wow! that is great. The imagination can just run wild. How free and beautiful. The snack is healthy and delicious a great combo. The garden pictures are beautiful. Growing your own ginger, really great. Have a wonderful and blessed weekend. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those containers from lock n lock as well? I saw at at another bento blog but have never seen them at the store. I did not know what the ginger flower looked like until now. Pretty cool looking! I remember planting ginger in CO but harvested it before winter. I think the last picture is agapanthus or lily-of-the nile. I used to have them in my CO garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Biren, Yes the containers are from lock and lock, the 3 containers came with the lunch box too. The ginger flower turned red, but I didn't get a picture of it yet.Thanks now I know what the lily is called.

    ReplyDelete

I love my bento friends and I love to hear from you. I appreciate your input, thanks!